Kahoot! is a game-based learning platform, used as educational technology in educational institutions. Its active learning games, 'Kahoots', are user-generated multiple-choice quizzes that can be accessed via a web browser or the Kahoot app.
Student-Paced Games (Challenges)
- Players up to: 2000
- Personalised learning Based on spacing and testing learning methods, the Kahoot! app will create personalised games with only the questions that each student finds difficult in a live game.
- Players up to: 2000
Distance Learning Tools
- Teach students at virtually by hosting games via MS Teams
- Assign student-paced challenges for students to play at their own pace
Create & Play
- Play millions of community-made games by subject and level
- Create basic games with multiple choice quiz questions
- Choose from half a billion questions in our question bank Create Kahoots up to 3x faster by reusing questions made by the community
- Add images as answers and bring a new level of instruction
- Drive deeper learning and promote accuracy with multi-select answers
- Access millions of high-quality images in the image library
- Use image reveal to change up the game and focus players
- Add slides between questions to give players more info
- Add polls to gather player feedback
- Add puzzles to test deeper understanding
- Mix different question types in one game
- Add open-ended questions
- Add word cloud questions
- Edit premium ready-to-play games
- Import slides from presentations to create interactive lessons
- Save time by adding content to slide templates (coming soon)
- Find ready-to-play games by renowned publishers (coming soon)
- Auto-generate or verify nicknames
- Change music to stir up the class
- Create a fully branded gameplay experience
Assess, Share & Plan
- Take formative assessment to the next level with powerful reports
- View and share advanced reports Improve student learning outcomes by assessing student progress in shareable advanced reports
- Organize Kahoots in folders Structure your Kahoots by subject, grade, department or other criteria using our folder feature in My Kahoots and your team space.
- Access your team space Your team space serves as a shared Kahoot bank that current and future tutors can access, saving precious time on finding relevant learning games.
- Combine reports and track progress over several Kahoots (coming soon)
- Create lesson plans and add notes (coming soon)
- Create courses by linking Kahoots (coming soon)
To request a Kahoot! Premium+ account please contact TEL@yorksj.ac.uk
Please note that, due to the limited number of licences for Kahoot and Mentimeter, we would prefer staff to only take up one of these licences. If you already have a Mentimeter licence, and would like to free up that licence in order to switch to Kahoot (or vice-versa), then please let us know in your email.
The YouTube playlist on the right-hand side contains a series of videos to get you started with Kahoot!
Webinars for Education
Prefer to see how it’s done rather than read tutorials? Kahoot run free themed webinars for education and business. Sign up for one of the upcoming webinars, or view recordings of our previous ones.
Kahoot! Certified is a free program to help uers become the ultimate Kahoot! superhero. You can maximize learning with Kahoot! and earn digital badges. Begin your journey now with the essential courses!
Get started and discover with Kahoot!
Level: Beginner | Award: Bronze | Duration: 1 hour
- Effortlessly navigate the Kahoot! platform
- Search and discover existing high-quality kahoots from our library of millions
- Duplicate and customize an existing kahoot to fit your needs
- Launch and host a kahoot game in your class
How to create and play Kahoot!
Level: Intermediate | Award: Silver | Duration: 1 hour
- Create a high-quality Kahoot game from scratch
- Add multimedia to enhance your Kahoot
- Understand game options to tailor your Kahoot! experience and host like a pro
- Access and analyse Kahoot! reports and data
Formative assessment and the Kahoot! app
Level: Advanced | Award: Gold | Duration: 1 hour
- Use Kahoot! for formative assessment
- Master the Kahoot! app, from the creator tool to homework challenges
- Understand how to use Kahoot! for revision
- Have a clear understanding of some of the deeper use cases for Kahoot!
Data Driven Instruction
Level: Advanced | Award: Rocketeer | Duration: 30 minutes
- Key questions to have in mind when looking at student data
- Applying these questions for teacher intervention and instruction
- Access and use data in Kahoot! reports - basic and advanced for further instruction
Level: Advanced | Award: Globetrotter | Duration: 30 minutes
- Benefits and impact of connected Kahoot!'ing
- Finding other classrooms
- How to facilitate a connected kahoot
Master Kahoots with 'Play Again'
Level: Advanced | Award: Master | Duration: 30 minutes
- How to use the Play Again feature to help students master content
- Understand the benefits of the Play Again feature
Spacing, Testing, & Smart Practice
Level: Advanced | Award: Ace | Duration: 30 minutes
- Understand science behind spacing and testing
- How to implement these learning methods with Kahoot!
- How to use the smart practice feature in the app