Module Introduction Videos 2023
With the upcoming New year, the TEL Team would like to offer all lecturers a chance to introduce their students to the material in a more effective way – in video form.
By introducing your modules as a video, you can cut out long paragraphs as text and make the information more accessible and engaging for students. These Module Introduction Videos can include all important module information such as; module content, learning outcomes, assessments and due dates. And all of this information can be condensed down into a short, 5 minute video. These videos can be filmed for current modules and for future modules.
Please take a moment to watch the example video below that shows how the Module Introduction Videos will be structured:
There will be some guidelines in place to ensure any and all filming and preparation runs smoothly:
Prior to any filming, it is important to note that staff will be required to write and send a script which should include the following:
- A self introduction and an introduction to the course/module.
- Learning outcomes.
- An overview of assessments/assignments required by students to complete.
- Deadlines for these assessments.
- Help with navigating the Moodle page.
- Contact information for students to get in touch if they have any questions regarding the course or their work.
If you are interested in accessing this service, please create a booking with Lorna and choose Module Introduction Video Filming.