On 31st July we will be decommissioning Tutorial Booker, and have replaced it with Microsoft Bookings, part of the O365 suite.
Note: Bookings was initially designed for small businesses and companies, so you’ll have to excuse terminology such as ‘customers’ (very unfortunate) and ‘services’.
Despite the terminology, Microsoft Bookings makes it easy for students to schedule and manage tutorials and other appointments, whether they be face-to-face or online.
Students will benefit from the flexibility, convenience, and control they get with Bookings. They can visit your booking page whenever they want, book the time and appointment they need, get a confirmation email and calendar invitation, and reschedule or cancel if they must. For students who prefer to book by calling or emailing you, simply enter their tutorial details and Bookings sends all confirmations and reminders.
An easy-to-set-up, customisable webpage lets your students find available times and book appointments. You get a private calendar for managing your schedule and automatic confirmations and reminders that save time.
Appointments appear on staff calendars as soon as they’re made and are updated automatically. Students can add your appointments to their personal calendars and reschedule or cancel them with just a few clicks.
Keep reading to find out how to get started with Microsoft Bookings…and additional help and support is available from the Digital Training team in Library & Learning Services.
Get started with Bookings
- To get started sign in to Microsoft 365 and select Bookings from the app launcher.
- Choose Get it now on the Bookings page.
- Add your information and you’re ready to start using Bookings.
To manage your appointments and tutorials on your mobile device, download Bookings from your app store.
- On the Bookings dashboard, review your basic information and update if needed.
- On the Calendar page, you and your colleagues can add or update appointments. You can view your calendar by day, week, or month.
- On the ‘Customers’ page, you can view and manage students who have made appointments.
- The Staff page allows you to add and manage your colleagues. You can use a single Bookings page for your whole programme team, and students can book appointments with the member of staff they need to see.
- The ‘Services’ page allows you to add or manage the types of appointments that students choose when booking an appointment, like academic tutorial, dissertation supervision etc.
- Finally, on the Bookings page, you’ll find many settings like your scheduling policy, email notifications, and more.
Once you’ve saved and published your Bookings calendar, it can be embedded or linked from your Moodle page.
More Microsoft Bookings Resources
- Step 1: Enter your business information
- Step 2: Set your scheduling policies
- Step 3: Define your service offerings
- Step 4: Create your staff list
- Step 5: Set employee working hours
- Step 6: Schedule business closures, time off, and vacation time
- Step 7: Publish or unpublish your booking page
- Step 8: Create and staff your bookings
Don’t forget, we’re turning off Tutorial Booker on 31st July, so we encourage anyone using it to start moving over to Microsoft Bookings as soon as they can!