The MEDIALibrary makes it easy for staff and students to upload a range of media files like MPEG, AVI, Windows Media, Quick Time, and MP3 files. These are then encoded to a standard format for streaming delivery and can be viewed in a range of ways, from mobile to full screen for classroom delivery.
We are currently testing a few of the new features that will be coming soon to the MEDIALibrary and we shall let you know as soon as these become available.
You will soon be able to add interactivity to videos you upload to the Media Library. You will be able to add quiz questions, annotations and clickable links either as text or images. Once you have created your interactive video, you will be able to embed these into Moodle. Tutors will be able to then view and download the results. More on this when it becomes available. Here is a sneak peek on how it will work in the meantime.
You can also create interactive videos by adding questions and polls to videos you have uploaded to Stream. And you can create interactive videos using the H5P activity direct in Mooodle. If you would like to know more about how to use Stream and H5P to create these videos, please get in touch with the TEL team
Uploading PDF documents
You will also soon be able to upload and embed PDF files on Moodle or any blogs too.
Other ways in which you can use the MEDIALibrary include:
- Giving video introductions to your lectures or seminars
- Creating video summaries of your lectures key messages
- Giving instructional demonstrations on how to perform particular tasks
- Recording performances or practical exercises for peer review
- Sharing evidence of good practice within your Programme, School, or with the entire University
- A space for students to upload their own content for showcasing or peer feedback
- Uploading lecture recordings (using Screencast-o-Matic Pro)
- Using your mobile or tablet device to record video and upload straight to the MEDIALibrary
- Creating submission links in Moodle for video presentations
Here are a list of our current guides on using the MEDIALibrary
- Uploading Media to the MEDIALibrary
- Recording Media using MEDIALecture
- Recording Media using MEDIALecture (Screencast)
- Quick guide to creating a Video submission portal in Moodle
- How to create a Video submission portal in Moodle (1 minute video guide)
- How can I embed videos from MEDIALibrary to Moodle
Learn more about the MEDIALibrary in our short online course…
Here in the TEL team we have a range of video equipment & software, that you can use to create content, including a recording booth. We are able to help staff create a wide range of video content for use in teaching, learning & assessment. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact the TEL team
How are you currently using audio and/or video in your teaching? Let us know in the comments below…
For more information or help contact the TEL team: email@example.com