A new activity, called Scheduler, has just been added on Moodle as part of the upgrade. This new feature will allow you to schedule one-to-one or group tutorials with your students within your Moodle course.
This is an added benefit to Moodle and will not be replacing Tutorial Booker, which you will still able to use as normal.
The Benefits of Using the Scheduler Plugin:
- You can set up personal tutorials, presentation sessions and group meetings that are limited to a Moodle course
- You can decide whether to allow students to book one tutorial at a time or several in one Scheduler
- Scheduler can send out reminder emails which can be sent days before the tutorial or on the morning itself
- You can record whether the student attended the tutorial
- You can see which students do not attend a tutorial
- You can add comments about the tutorial, which are visible to the student
- Time-slots are easy to set up and straight forward for students to book
- You can set up a tutorial on behalf of the student, which is good if a student has forgotten to book
For more information on this plugin, see Moodle.org
Do you think it would be useful to include the Scheduler plugin in your Moodle course in the future? If you have any questions or would like any more help, information or advice, then please post in the comments below, or contact TEL@yorksj.ac.uk.