The YSJ MEDIALibrary allows academics and students to upload audio and video files and easily interact, engage and communicate with streaming content that works within Moodle.
Our MEDIALibrary now has an exciting new feature called MEDIALecture that gives you the ability to record your screen, audio and webcam and instantly upload your recordings directly to the MEDIALibrary. Once your media content is uploaded, it can be easily embedded into other systems, for example in module pages in Moodle, or portfolio pages in Mahara.
Other ways in which you can use the recording feature in our MEDIALibrary include:
- Giving video introductions to your lectures or seminars
- Creating video summaries of your lectures key messages
- Giving instructional demonstrations on how to perform particular tasks
- Recording performances or practical exercises for peer review
- Sharing evidence of good practice within your Programme, School, or with the entire University
- A space for students to upload their own content for showcasing or peer feedback
- Recording lectures
- Using your mobile or tablet device to record video and upload straight to the MEDIALibrary
You can install MEDIALecture onto your desktop computer and other teaching spaces. The screencast and guide below takes you through the steps. If you would like a demonstration or are interested in capturing lecture or other types of media content, please get in touch with the TEL team.
The use of video, audio and multimedia has become more mainstream in HE teaching, learning and assessment in recent times. This is in part due to the accessibility and ease of use of equipment and software, but also due to the growing realisation of the pedagogic benefits of video content.
Here in the TEL team we have a range of video equipment and software, including; recording booth, video camera, HDMI capture device, microphone, lights and chromakey green screen. We are able to help staff create a wide range of video content for use in teaching, learning & assessment.
If you are interested in recording your lectures or other types of video, please do get in touch with us.