The TEL Team will be running the SEDA Award in Supporting Technology Enhanced Learning (STEL) from October 2019. The programme is running this year over four mornings in October, November, February and April.
There will be work to do online through the Moodle site as well as practically-focused face-to-face sessions. While a programme has already been planned, there will be room for participants to focus more on areas of interest and to work towards developing skills and knowledge particularly relevant to their roles.
Participants will ultimately need to create an e portfolio demonstrating SEDA values, core development outcomes as well as specialist outcomes detailed here:
Award recipients will have shown how their work is informed by the SEDA Values:
1. Developing understanding of how people learn
2. Practicing in ways that are scholarly, professional and ethical
3. Working with and developing learning communities
4. Valuing diversity and promoting inclusivity
5. Continually reflecting on practice to develop ourselves, others and processes.
Core Development Outcomes
Award recipients will be able to:
1. Identify their own professional development goals, directions or priorities
2. Plan for the initial and/or continuing professional development
3. Undertake appropriate development activities
4. Review their development and their practice, and the relations between them
Additionally award recipients will be able to:
5. Justify the selection of a technology to support learning within a particular specified context
6. Review the opportunities and constraints of using this technology within the learning context
7. Develop within their context the use of the selected technology to support learning
8. Evaluate or reflect upon the impact on their practice of engaging with the selected technology